High Profile Events
America’s going to love you guys!
- David Hasselhoff, America’s Got Talent, NBC TV
You guys made my day! I can’t wait to see you in Vegas!
Sharon Ozborne, America’s Got Talent, NBC TV
You’re too fun! I like you lot. You’ve got a good, infectious energy and it looked like you were having a good time.
- Piers Morgan, America’s Got Talent, NBC TV
You guys were a HUGE hit!
- Kile Ozier, Director of the Closing Ceremonies of the Gay Games 7 in Chicago
Thank you for a bunch of fabulous shows and a great cruise!
- Tom Valach, Entertainment Director, RSVP Vacations
The DC Cowboys are star-studded showstoppers. It’s not Pride unless the DC Cowboys are performing!
- Robert York, Director of Capital Pride Festival (Washington, DC 1999-2005)
Thank you again for the HOT opening number at MAL! (Mid-Atlantic Leather Competition)
Patrick Grady, 2007 Mid-Atlantic Leather Weekend Chair
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your efforts to make the 2006 International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association Annual Convention in Washington DC a success! Your performance at the Closing Gala on Saturday evening was fantastic and the audience loved it! It has been such a pleasure working with you on this event and we look forward to working with you in the near future!
- John Tanzella, Executive Director IGLTA (International Gay and Lesbian Travel Agents) and Theresa Belpulsi, Vice President of Tourism, Washington Convention and Tourism Corporation
Thanks again for performing at our concert (at Lisner Auditorium). It was truly one of the highlights and EVERYONE I spoke to loved your dancing. The precision and professionalism was great!
- Gay Men’s Chorus of Washington, DC
Thank you all so much for being so nice and such incredible performers. We have gotten so much great feedback. I hope to have you all back again in the fall or next spring.
Club 216 General Manager
Thank you for a job well done. The Cowboys were a big hit. Everyone is still talking about you.
Miss Gay DC America Show Coordinator
The DC Cowboys were by far the highlight of the awards banquet at our convention. Thanks for being a part of our IGLA celebration. Our event was a success in a large part because of your guys and the ‘fab’ show you put on for us. Many, many thanks!
Chairman, International Gay and Lesbian Aquatics Championships
You were all tremendous and a huge hit for our rodeo guests. The positive feedback has been wonderful. Personally, let me say I found you all great to work with as well. Your professionalism and flexibility made my job that much easier. You are very much appreciated by both me and the entire NGRA. I look forward to hopefully working with you all again in the future. Eddy Krien, Entertainment Coordinator, NGRA Rodeo
- NGRA Rodeo – Las Vegas, September 2007
. . . we would like to thank the DC Cowboys for their outstanding performances during our rodeo in November 2000. Your performances were greatly appreciated and well-received by all who watched. We were mesmerized. We look forward to having the DC Cowboys perform at many more upcoming rodeos in the future.
- Texas Gay Rodeo Association, November 2000
The DC Cowboys certainly caused a stir at the San Diego Rodeo – impressive!
- San Diego Rodeo Entertainment Chair
What a super show! The audience truly loved it!
- Atlanta Dixie Rodeo Entertainment Chairman
Thank you so much for your wonderful performances at the (Washington, DC) Stampede. You guys were the highlight!
- ASGRA Entertainment Director
A million thanks to the DC Cowboys for providing the entertainment at this year’s IMAGINE event. The crowd went wild! We’d love to count on you again for next year!
- Regan Davis, Special Events & Development Manager, Northern Virginia AIDS Ministry (NOVAM 2007)
Thank you seems entirely inadequate to express my gratitude for the impact the DC Cowboys had on our audience and me. You were phenomenal!!! Creative perfection and energy, professional concept and conduct in action . . . and not hard on the eyes are just a few accolades that come to mind. We want you to be our headliners next year!
- Michael W. Burke, Event Chair Harford County AIDS/Cancer Annual Benefit 2003
Please allow me to again express my gratitude for the wonderful performance that the DC Cowboys gave at our recent Volunteer Recognition Gala at the historic DAR Constitution Hall.
- Bob Warfel, Director of Volunteer Resources at Whitman-Walker Clinic Inc.
The DC Cowboy’s performance was fantastic! You guys were a great addition to the event. We were looking for attention grabbers and boy did we get ’em.
- Stephen Alexander, Special Events Director, 12th Annual Chef’s Best Dinner and Auction for Food & Friends, June 20, 2002
We couldn’t have done it without you. Ya’ll were the hit of the show!
- Director, Academy Awards of Washington, Inc., Rhinestone Review 5th Anniversary Benefit
I really wanted to compliment you on an excellent performance! I heard so many compliments about the DC Cowboys, and I wanted to let you know just how much your performance was appreciated and enjoyed by all! Thank you again for helping to make the evening so memorable!
- Kristy Snowden, Event Coordinator, Northern Virginia AIDS Ministries, NOVAM Imagine, May 2001
Moments later, the crowd got rowdy again and screamed when two men in western gear passionately kissed to the musical theme of “Brokeback Mountain” before the DC Cowboys dancers kicked up their heels.
- Chicago Sun Times coverage of the Closing Ceremonies of the Gay Games at the historic Wrigley Field, 7/23/06
The DC Cowboys were a big hit with their Brokeback Mountain-themed number.
- Chicago Windy City Times coverage of the Closing Ceremonies of the Gay Games, 7/26/06
Imagine, if you can, part Oklahoma, part Chorus Line, part Strictly Ballroom and part Music Man, and you’ve approximated the fun and excitement this high-steppin’, fancy dancin’ group brings to the stage. It’s what they like to call ‘Cowboy Broadway.’
- Metro Weekly
The incredible DC Cowboys provided outstanding entertainment with high-energy dance numbers which were too hot for words. The crowd roared with applause.
Our favorite entertainers of the day were the sizzling DC Cowboys . . .
- Metro Weekly, 6/11/98
Since 1994, the Cowboys have been wowing the competition and dazzling audiences across America with their high-energy, often campy repertoire . . . but make no mistake, these guys can dance with the best of ‘em.
- Washington City Paper, 6/1/99
DC Cowboys . . . one of DC’s most vibrant gay cultural groups . . .combine sizzling sexuality with their dancing, creating a thunderous charge on the stage. Their dance routines – not to mention their rugged good looks – take your breath away.
- Metro Weekly, 8/12/99
Performances by Kate Clinton, DC Cowboys, . . . are showcased at Sunday’s Capital Pride Festival.
- The Washington Post, Weekend’s Best Special Events Section
The DC Cowboys electrified the crowd at their debut performance in the rodeo’s entertainment tent.
- The Washington Blade
One word describes their act: sexy.
- Philadelphia Gay Newspaper (PGN)
The DC Cowboys were so hot—we were dazzled by their energized choreography!
- Metro Weekly